The application for scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year is now available!
Best of the Batch Foundation Scholarship Awards Program
Best of the Batch Foundation Scholarships are awarded to seniors attending a high school in Western Pennsylvania. The purpose of the scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to college bound students enrolled for undergraduate study at approved colleges and universities of their choice. Awards are based on financial need, academic performance, leadership potential, and community involvement. Scholarships are awarded annually provided funds are available.
Click here to see the students who received 2016 Scholarships.
Operation Dough Nation
By Panera Bread: Two (2) $5,000 scholarships are available for one male and female senior student-athletes attending high school in the WPIAL District.
Dignity and Respect Champion
Six (6) $1,000 book scholarships are available seniors attending high school in Western Pennsylvania.
Danyl Settles Scholarship
Two (2) $2,500 scholarships are available for one male and female in Steel Valley High School in Allegheny County.
Best of the Batch
One (1) $6,000 scholarship is available in Allegheny County for a senior attending any high school in Allegheny County.
Dr. Seuss Oh the Places You’ll Go
One (1) $4,321.00 scholarship is available, inspired by Dr. Seuss, students must be attending college/university out of PA.
Healthy U N School
By UPMC Health Plan: One (1) $2,000 for a student who wants to help bring awareness to Health and Wellness with topics such as healthy eating, childhood obesity, hygiene, stress/depression, etc.
Program Guidelines & Priorities
- Applicants must have permanent residence status in Western, Pennsylvania
- Applicants must be completing or have completed high school successfully with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be accepted as a full time student at a college or university, for the upcoming academic semester.
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have participated in Best of the Batch Programs.
- Students must apply for the 2017-2018 Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA).
- Best of the Batch Foundation will accept only 5 applications per high school (excluding Steel Valley).
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their Guidance Counselor on their application attesting they are a qualified fit for this scholarship program.
- Best of the Batch Foundation strongly suggests that each high school present this opportunity to five (5) of the strongest applicants that match this program’s guidelines.
- The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by a committee consisting of educators, board members and staff.
- All applications are due by Friday, April 14, 2017, at 5:00 pm.